Friday, November 11, 2011

More Bulletin Board Fun Thanksgiving Style

Most of you saw the cute spider bulletin board I put up last month. That was getting a little outdated, so we decided to do a Thanksgiving-themed board...but what? The same book I got the spider idea from (Language Arts Bulletin Boards from Scholastic) had a cute "colorful words" bulletin board with peacocks. The peacocks hold signs with worn-out words, and their feathers would have more colorful synonyms on them. I kept thinking that those peacocks, with their little head feathers cut off, would look an awful lot like turkeys. Turns out, I was right, so here's what we came up with. To add a little more fall flair to the board, we used some fake cloth leaves and stapled those around the board. We also gave the turkeys little hats- one has a pilgrim hat and the other has a little Native American headdress. I'm very pleased with the results! Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment