Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Field Day fun.....and Freebies!

Tomorrow, our school is having field day. We have themed the field day after the Olympics, since the summer Olympics will be held this year. Each class chose a country to study in the Fall and has spent the year doing enrichment activities that help them learn about their country.

I wanted to do a little more with my ESOL students, and help them learn about the history of the Olympics and some of the academic vocabulary related to it. I also had a formal observation today done by the central ESOL office and needed to come up with an awesome activity for it. Since field day is actually tomorrow, I thought this would be a great way to connect the fun they will have to a little academic learning. I decided to create a read-and-retell activity and add in a little comparing and contrasting.

My observation went SUPER well, by the way. The observer really loved the activity and how it scaffolded the reading, retelling and summarizing. Since summer is near, and you might be looking for interesting yet academic activities to do with your students, I decided to make this activity available to ALL of you for FREE!!

The download includes four leveled readings at four lexile levels (from 590-800), as well as a comparing and contrasting activity for students to complete. Simply click the button below to download The Olympics Read-and-Retell Activity from my TpT store!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a good observation. Thanks for the freebie!! It's great!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'm glad you like! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete