Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A new year- a fresh slate

One of my favorite things about being a teacher is that you can reinvent your teaching style and classroom each year- essentially giving you the chance to "start over" and better yourself from year-to-year.

Each year, I try to set a few goals for myself about the things that I will do differently or improve upon from next year. Sometimes, my "do differentlys" are great successes, sometimes they are miserable failures. I also like to set goals for the year to help me keep on track.

My goals for this year:
  • Do more to involve my ESOL parents in the school and their child's education
  • Improve my questioning techniques during instruction
  • Do a better job of working with my grade level team to plan interdisciplinary instruction integrated around what my students are doing in the mainstream classroom
  • Get the ESOL testing accommodations forms completed before the last minute!
Based on my personal reflections and formal evaluations from last year, these are a few of the goals that I wanted to work on this year.  What are some of your goals for this year? In what ways will you reinvent your teaching style or better yourself? Let me hear from you in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment